|In 1938, the nucleus of the Alexandria University had its beginning in the form of two satellite faculties of Fouad the First University. These were the Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Law. The Faculty of Engineering has been established in 1941.|
|In the light of the developing more disciplines for higher learning and with the mission towards to fulfill the needs of the Alexandria’s community, Alexandria University, known at that time as Farouk University, became a separate entity in August 1942 with four additional Faculties: Science, Commerce, Medicine and Agriculture.|
In 1952, it has been named “Alexandria University”. Alexandria University continuously has been undergoing growth and expansion. At a present time the number of Faculties and High Institutes reached thirty. Furthermore, being a leading University in the Mediterranean region, Alexandria University expanded its mission towards Arab and African countries. The new branches of Alexandria University were established in 1960 in Beirut, Lebanon. “Beirut Arab University” is run and supervised by Alexandria University staff members of the different disciplines. Very recently, Alexandria University is promoting on establishing its branch in Juba, South of Sudan, and in N’djamena in Tchad.
Since August 2011, Alexandria University has been headed by
Prof. Dr. Osama Ibrahim Al-Sayed Ahmad . In the last years the vission became to put Alexandria University in a leading position among the Universities in Egypt and cooperate with the Mediterranean region Universities and Istitutions through establishing the iternational links, engaging in the research and scientific projects as well as encourage the student exchange within the Universities.
Three Vice Presidents are in charge of the different areas of the University administration
Translation to any language can be done using one of the following translation Programs, Just choose and press the link and write URL of the page.
Translator1(By Microsoft bing)
Translate ( By G00gle)